Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
From July 12 to July 18, 1925, the National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs (NFBPWC) held their seventh annual convention in Portland. On July 15th, a large clambake was held for the delegates on Peaks Island. The guests enjoyed authentic Maine seafood, and learned how to eat a lobster.
About This Item
- Title: NFBPWC clambake guests eat lobster, Peaks Island, 1925
- Creation Date: 1925-07-15
- Subject Date: 1925-07-15
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: glass negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: oll. 1949, 2005.061.10956
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Clambakes--Maine--Peaks Island
- National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.