Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Dave Astor Show was a locally produced television program featuring high school students from Greater Portland surrounding schools. The Dave Astor Show was broadcast each Saturday in the Portland area from 1956 to 1971. It featured teenagers dancing and singing along to the popular music of the day.
About This Item
- Title: Mechanic Falls High School student on the set of The Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-24
- Subject Date: 1962-03-24
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 3 cm x 2.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA78
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Mechanic Falls High School (Mechanic Falls, Me.)
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.