Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The locally produced Dave Astor Show television program featured high school students from Greater Portland and southern Maine schools. On March 24,1962, Mechanic Falls High School students appeared on set. The program, hosted by Dave Astor, featured high school students and teenage cast regulars.
The Dave Astor Show aired from 1956 through 1971. It was was first broadcast on WGAN (later known as WGME). The show moved to WCSH by 1963.
About This Item
- Title: A Mechanic Falls High School student on the Dave Astor Show, Portland, 1962
- Creation Date: 1962-03-24
- Subject Date: 1962-03-24
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Film transparency
- Dimensions: 2 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2499, Box 8/DA70
- Collection: Dave Astor collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Dave Astor Show
- Mechanic Falls High School (Mechanic Falls, Me.)
- Rock and roll dancing
- Television dance parties
- Television programs--Maine--Portland
- WCSH-TV (Television station : Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.