Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The bronze tribute to Civil War soldiers in Monument Square in Portland is shown in 1902. Inscribed on the base of the monument is "Portland To Her sons Who Died For the Union." The monument is entitled, "Our Lady of Victories."
About This Item
- Title: Monument Square, Portland, 1902
- Creator: Paul A. Murray
- Creation Date: 1902
- Subject Date: 1902
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16 cm x 21 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--Portland--Streets--Monument Square
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Our Lady of Victories (Portland, Me.)
- Monuments and memorials--Maine--Portland
- Bronze sculpture
- Monument Square (Portland, Me.)
- Soldiers and Sailors Monument (Portland, Me.)
- Artists, Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.