Contributed by Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
Zebulon Knight was born in Scarborough on October 3, 1845. He worked as a carpenter, and late in the Civil War, on Sept. 9, 1864, Zebulon enlisted in the 12th Maine Infantry, Company C, and served in the Virginia campaigns until his honorable discharge on July 22, 1865 in Savannah, Georgia.
After the war, Zebulon became a minister, working in South Berwick and North Saco.
Knight married Sarah Norman in August 1868. After Sarah's death, he married Susan Allen; after Susan's death, Knight was married a third time to Ida Adams.
Zebulon Knight died January 13, 1924 and is buried in Woodlawn Cemetery in South Berwick.
About This Item
- Title: Zebulon and Ida Knight, Scarborough, ca. 1910
- Creator: Photo by Tisdale
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Location: Scarborough, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 35.56 cm x 30.48 cm
- Local Code: 02.77.4
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Scarborough (Me.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 12th (1861-1864)
- Recruiting & enlistment--Maine--Scarborough
- Veterans--Civil War
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- 12th Maine Infantry
- Civil War
- Ida Adams
- North Saco. ME
- Sarah Norman
- Savannah, GA
- South Berwick, ME
- Susan Allen
- Woodlawn Cemetery
- Zebulon Knight
For more information about this item, contact:Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
PO Box 156, Scarborough, ME 04070-0156
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.