Contributed by Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
This Civil War era town warrant notification, written by Freedom Milliken, notifies Scarboro (the historic spelling of "Scarborough") citizens of an upcoming town meeting.
The notification states that this document was posted seven days prior to said meeting in the stores of Freedom Milliken, Joseph Sherman, and John Higgins. It tells the citizens that the town meeting will be held on Oct 29th, 1861.
About This Item
- Title: Town Warrant, Scarborough, 1861
- Creator: Town of Scarborough
- Creation Date: 1861-10-29
- Subject Date: 1861-10-29
- Location: Scarborough, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 27.94 cm x 21.59 cm
- Local Code: 65.51.24
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Scarborough (Me.)--History
- Military service--1860-1870
- Military service, Voluntary Recruiting & enlistment--Maine--Scarborough
- Maine--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- Town meetings--Maine--Scarborough
- Fort Sumpter (Charleston, S.C.)
- Civil War
- Cumberland County
- Freedom Milliken
- John Higgins
- Joseph Sherman
- State of Maine
- Warrant for town meeting
For more information about this item, contact:Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
PO Box 156, Scarborough, ME 04070-0156
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.