Maine Historical Society and Maine State Library are pleased to share the Maine Libraries/Maine Libraries Toolkit. This toolkit is part of a statewide campaign, supported by the Institute of Museum & Library Services, designed to promote the vital role that libraries can play in helping their communities engage Maine history.
The resources in this toolkit are designed to help your library identify and take advantage of opportunities-through Maine Memory and otherwise-to engage patrons and community partners in the exploration, preservation, and sharing of your community's history.
Follow the links to download resources from the toolkit:
- Promotional Materials
- Maine Memory Network desktop shortcut icon for Macs and instructions for Macs (pdf).
- Maine Memory Network desktop shortcut icon for Windows PCs and instructions for Windows PCs (pdf).
- a guide to Moving Local History Forward in Your Community (pdf)
- a Quick Guide to Maine Memory Network (pdf)
- Local History, Technology, and 21st Century Skills
- IMLS report on Museums, Libraries, and 21st Century Skills
Sign Up Now:
- Send email to request weekly online content from Maine Memory to include in your library's eNewsletter, on your Facebook page, and/or on public access terminals in your library
- Send email to request a public presentation by MHS staff for your community that highlights Maine Memory content and features
For more information, email us at email@example.com.