Contributed by Margaret Chase Smith Library
Black and white photograph taken in 1949 of Senator Smith with Blanche Bernier, William C. Lewis Jr., and May Craig, the first guests to visit her at her new home on Norridgewock Avenue.
May Craig, the Washington correspondent for the Portland Press Herald, visits Senator Smith at her new home atop Neil Hill, on Norridgewock Avenue in Skowhegan. Also visiting are Blanche Bernier, Senator Smith's secretary/seamstress, along with William C. Lewis Jr., Senator Smith's Administrative assistant throughout her career.
About This Item
- Title: Visitors, Margaret Chase Smith home, Skowhegan, 1949
- Creator: Margaret Chase Smith Library
- Creation Date: 1949
- Subject Date: 1949
- Skowhegan, Somerset County, ME
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: 410
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Portland Press Herald
- Smith, Margaret Chase, 1897-1995--Homes and haunts--Interiors--Maine--Skowhegan
- Newspaper reporters--Maine
- Smith, Margaret Chase, 1897-1995--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Margaret Chase Smith Library
56 Norridgewock Avenue, Skowhegan, ME 04976
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.