Contributed by Margaret Chase Smith Library
Margaret Chase Smith campaigned for reelection to the Senate at the St. Croix Paper Company in Woodland on September 28, 1960.
The 1960 election was the first U.S. Senate race between two women. Margaret Chase Smith defeated opponent Lucia Cormier.
About This Item
- Title: Margaret Chase Smith stumping, Woodland, 1960
- Creator: Margaret Chase Smith Library
- Creation Date: 1960-09-28
- Subject Date: 1960-09-28
- Town: Skowhegan, Woodland
- County: Somerset, Washington
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.3 cm x 25.4 cm
- Local Code: 2090
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Lumber industry--Maine--Woodland
- Political campaigns--Maine
- Senators--United States
- Smith, Margaret Chase, 1897-1995--Photographs
- St. Croix Paper Company (Woodland, Me.)
- lumber industry
- Margaret Chase Smith
- paper company
- political campaign
- Smith, Margaret Chase, 1995
For more information about this item, contact:Margaret Chase Smith Library
56 Norridgewock Avenue, Skowhegan, ME 04976
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.