Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Archery was one of the activities for senior girls at the Katharine Ridgeway Camp for Girls on Clary Lake in Jefferson. The camp advertised that it "promotes the primitive life amidst the grandeur of Maine pine forests and its glistening lakes" while supplying "the most scientific and up-to-date methods and equipment." The camp began in 1923 and operated into the 1940s.
About This Item
- Title: Senior Campers, Katharine Ridgeway Camp for Girls, 1934
- Creation Date: 1934
- Subject Date: 1934
- Location: Jefferson, Lincoln County, ME
- Media: Brochure
- Dimensions: 15.2 cm x 23.52 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1921, Box 1/22
- Collection: Crawford and Ella Peffer/Redpath Chautauqua collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Katharine Ridgeway Camp for Girls (Jefferson, Me.)--Photographs
- Clary Lake
- Ella Harding Peffer
- Jefferson, Me.
- Katharine Ridgeway Camp for Girls
- Katharine Ridgeway [Hunt]
- Organized camping
- Summer camping
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.