Contributed by Leeds Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Leeds Central School. Learn more.
The exterior photograph shows the H.F. Webb Corn Shop where supervised workers are husking corn from baskets.
For four weeks of every year, from 1887 until 1952, the corn shop hired about 75 men, women and children to work.
About This Item
- Title: Shucking corn outside H.F. Webb Corn Shop, Leeds, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Leeds
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 5.5 cm x 8.25 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Leeds Historical Society
553 North Road, Leeds, ME 04263
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Agricultural laborers--Maine--Leeds
- Canning industry--Maine--Leeds
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.