Contributed by Leeds Historical Society
This record was added to Maine Memory Network through the efforts of a student at Leeds Central School. Learn more.
Paper certificate showing John Y. Merrill had been admitted as a member of the Androscoggin Division No. 78 of the Sons of Temperance.
He was an active participant of prohibition activities in Maine and was appointed constable in Leeds and made note in his diaries of dumping liquor.
About This Item
- Title: Sons of Temperance certificate, Leeds, 1847
- Creator: Sons of Temperance
- Creation Date: 1847-03-30
- Subject Date: 1847-03-30
- Town: Leeds
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: ink (printer and pen) on paper
- Dimensions: 26.5 cm x 20.75 cm
- Collection: Merrill Family Collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Leeds Historical Society
553 North Road, Leeds, ME 04263
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Sons of Temperance of North America, Androscoggin Division, No. 78 (Leeds, Me.)
- Merrill, John Young--Associated objects
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.