Contributed by Westport Island History Committee
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is the Westport Island segment of "A Topographical Map of Lincoln County, Maine from Actual Surveys by C.M. Hopkins," 1857, published in Philadelphia by Lee and Marsh. The map shows property owners in 1857; locations of six school houses ("S.H."); locations of businesses; and locations of two burial grounds ("Bur. G."). Although most property owners had a family cemetery on their own land, the two cemeteries annotated on this map are unnamed.
About This Item
- Title: Map of Westport, 1857
- Creator: Hopkins, C. M.
- Creation Date: 1857
- Subject Date: 1857
- Town: Westport Island
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, photograph
- Dimensions: 53.5 cm x 21.5 cm
- Local Code: WIMap.Photo.1.1857
- Collection: Town of Westport Island
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Real property--Maine--Westport Island
- Landowners--Maine--Westport Island
- Schools--Maine--Westport Island
- Buildings--Maine--Westport Island
- Westport Island (Me.)--Maps
- Mills--Maine--Westport Island
For more information about this item, contact:Westport Island History Committee
6 Fowles Point Road, Westport Island, ME 04578
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.