Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
Guides and workmen lived in this log cabin bunkhouse, which was owned by the Norcross Transportation Company.
A railroad flatcar is parked on a siding, sitting adjacent to the Norcross railroad station. Norcross station was six miles south of Millinocket, part of Bangor & Aroostook Railroad's main line track.
About This Item
- Title: Log camp, railroad cars, Norcross, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Norcross
- Town: Indian Purchase Township No. 3
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Norcross Heritage Trust
80 Lyme Rd., Apt 353, Hanover, NH 03755
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Railroad trains--United States--Maine--Norcross
- Railroad stations--Maine--Norcross
- Lumber camps--Maine--Norcross
- Work camps--Maine--Norcross
- Lumber industry--Maine--Norcross
- Bangor and Aroostook Railroad Company
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.