Contributed by Cary Memorial Library in Wayne
This bookplate is part of the collection assembled by Elizabeth Mast Hyatt during the 1920s and 1930s in honor of famed opera and concert singer Annie Louise Cary (1841-1921) who was born in the town of Wayne.
Hyatt, a summer resident of Wayne, was involved in planning for a new library, which was dedicated in 1939 as the Cary Memorial Library. The bookplate collection was subsequently donated to the library's holdings.
Helen Barnhart was a collector of bookplates, and J.W. Jameson was a well-known bookplate artist and engraver.
About This Item
- Title: Helen Bryce Barnhart bookplate, 1933
- Creator: J. W. Jameson
- Creation Date: 1933
- Subject Date: 1933
- Location: Wayne, Kennebec County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 7.85 cm x 5.07 cm
- Local Code: B (Box)
- Collection: Bookplate collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Hyatt, Elizabeth Mast--Associated objects
- Cary, Annie Louise, 1842-1921
- Barnhart, Helen Bryce-Associated objects
- Barnhart, Helen Bryce--Books and reading
- Jameson, J.W.
- Hyatt, Elizabeth Mast--Books and reading
For more information about this item, contact:Cary Memorial Library in Wayne
17 Old Winthrop Road, Wayne, ME 04284
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.