Contributed by Waldoboro Fire Department
This helmet was donated to the Waldoboro Fire Department after being found in a barn in Waldoboro.
This type of helmet was worn by firefighters in the 1950s to 1970s. The person that donated it was a member of the fire department in the late 1960s to the late 1970s.
Waldoboro is spelled incorrectly on the helmet. It is unknown how many helmets in that era were spelled incorrectly.
About This Item
- Title: Fire Department Helmet, Waldoboro, ca. 1950
- Creation Date: circa 1950
- Subject Date: circa 1950
- Location: Waldoboro, Lincoln County, ME
- Media: Metal
- Local Code: Waldoboro Fire Department Helmet
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fire departments--Maine--Waldoboro
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Waldoboro
- Safety equipment--Maine--Waldoboro
- Fire helmets--Maine--Waldoboro
For more information about this item, contact:Waldoboro Fire Department
1600 Atlantic Avenue, PO Box J, Waldoboro, ME 04572
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.