Contributed by Waldoboro Fire Department
On February 22, 1962 the Gay Building, which was located in the center of the downtown village in Waldoboro, was devastated by fire. Firefighters are fighting the fire on the Main Street side of the Gay Block building.
About This Item
- Title: Gay Block fire of 1962, heavy smoke, Waldoboro
- Creation Date: 1962-02-22
- Subject Date: 1962-02-22
- Location: Waldoboro, Lincoln County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 22.860 cm x 25.146 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Waldoboro
- Waldoboro (Me.)--Fire, 1962
- Fire fighters--Maine--Waldoboro
For more information about this item, contact:Waldoboro Fire Department
1600 Atlantic Avenue, PO Box J, Waldoboro, ME 04572
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.