Contributed by Waldoboro Fire Department
A crowd of spectators look on as firefighters climb the ladder of Rockland's Ladder One, one of the engines that responded to this fire in Waldoboro on February 22, 1962. The Gay Building, which was located in the center of the downtown village in Waldoboro, was devastated by fire. The building was a total loss.
About This Item
- Title: Gay Block Fire, Waldoboro, 1962
- Creator: Waldoboro Fire Department
- Creation Date: 1962
- Subject Date: 1962
- Location: Waldoboro, Lincoln County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Gay Block Fire
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fire fighters--Maine--Waldoboro
- Fire fighters--Maine--Rockland
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Waldoboro
- Waldoboro (Me.)--Fire, 1962
- Fire engines--Maine--Rockland
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Rockland
For more information about this item, contact:Waldoboro Fire Department
1600 Atlantic Avenue, PO Box J, Waldoboro, ME 04572
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.