Contributed by Waldoboro Fire Department
On February 22nd 1962 the Gay Building, which was located in the center of the downtown village in Waldoboro, was devastated by fire. The building was a total loss. The ladder truck is Rockland Ladder One, this same ladder truck was sold to the Town of Waldoboro in the early 1980s.
The collection of photos of this fire was composed from the photos donated to the Waldoboro Fire Department over the last 40 years from Genthners Studio, Boutilier Photos, Marjorie Freeman & many Waldoboro citizens.
About This Item
- Title: Gay Block Fire, Waldoboro, 1962
- Creator: ,
- Creation Date: 1962-02-22
- Subject Date: 1962-02-22
- Local Name: Waldoboro Fire
- Town: Waldoboro
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 22.860 cm x 25.146 cm
- Local Code: Gay Block Fire
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Waldoboro
- Fire engines--Maine--Rockland
- Firefighting equipment--Maine--Rockland
- Fire departments--Maine--Waldoboro
- Waldoboro (Me.)--Fire, 1962
- Fire fighters--Maine--Waldoboro
- Fire fighting--Maine--Waldoboro
For more information about this item, contact:Waldoboro Fire Department
1600 Atlantic Avenue, PO Box J, Waldoboro, ME 04572
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.