Contributed by Boothbay Region Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This is a view of summer cottages at Grimes Cove on Ocean Point -- a promontory in East Boothbay. This image predates the start of World War I, and all of these cottages still existed in 2013.
All but the cottage on the far right remained the same through 2013. That cottage has since had some additions put onto its original structure. A road was built in front of these cottages at a date after this picture was taken.
About This Item
- Title: Summer cottages at Grimes Cove, Ocean Point, ca. 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Boothbay, Lincoln County, ME
- East Boothbay, Lincoln County, ME
- Ocean Point, Lincoln County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 12.6 cm x 17.6 cm
- Local Code: #57 glass negative
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Vacation homes--Maine--East Boothbay
- Cabins--Maine--East Boothbay
- Summer houses--Maine--East Boothbay
- Bays (Bodies of water)--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Boothbay Region Historical Society
PO Box 272, Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.