Contributed by Boothbay Region Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Young fisherman, Ernest L. Smith, is holding a large codfish that he caught on Monhegan Island in 1910.
Ernest L. Smith was from Millbury, Massachusetts, and summered with his family on Capitol Island in Boothbay Harbor.
Smith was also a photographer who took many glass plate pictures in the Boothbay Region. Ernest L. Smith and his wife, Clara Carter, owned a summer cottage on Capitol Island where their grandchildren still summered as of 2013.
About This Item
- Title: Fisherman Ernest L. Smith with codfish, Monhegan, 1910
- Creator: Boothbay Region Historical Society
- Creation Date: 1910
- Subject Date: 1910
- Local Name: Capitol Island
- Town: Boothbay Harbor, Capitol Island, Millbury, Monhegan Island
- County: Lincoln, Worcester
- State: MA, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 12.6 cm
- Local Code: #14 glass negative
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Boothbay Region Historical Society
PO Box 272, Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Fishers--Maine--Monhegan Island
- Fishing--Maine--Monhegan Island
- Children--Maine--Monhegan Island
- Humorous pictures
- Boothbay Harbor
- Capitol Island
- Clara Carter
- Ernest L. Smith
- summer resident
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.