Contributed by Cary Memorial Library in Wayne
This bookplate was donated to the collection compiled by Elizabeth Mast Hyatt in honor of famed opera and concert singer Annie Louise Cary (1842-1921), who was born in Wayne, Maine. A library built in the town in 1938 was named the Cary Memorial Library.
Not all bookplates were designed for adults. Here a child is seated at a desk and writing with a quill pen. Books and a ball are scattered on the floor. The text reads "My Book Claire L. Aubry."
About This Item
- Title: Claire L. Aubrey bookplate, ca. 1925
- Creation Date: circa 1925
- Subject Date: circa 1925
- Town: Wayne
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 10.35 cm x 7.18 cm
- Local Code: Album B
- Collection: Bookplate collection
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Cary, Annie Louise, 1842-1921
- Aubrey, Claire L.--Associated objects
- Aubrey, Claire L.--Books and reading
- Hyatt, Elizabeth Mast--Associated objects
- Hyatt, Elizabeth Mast--Books and reading
For more information about this item, contact:Cary Memorial Library in Wayne
17 Old Winthrop Road, Wayne, ME 04284
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.