Contributed by Cary Memorial Library in Wayne
Annie Louise Cary (1841-1921), was a renowned opera and concert singer of the late 19th century.
Her name and the name of the photography studio, Emerson, New York, are printed on the card.
Cary was born in Wayne, Maine. In 1938 a library was built in the town, and named the Cary Memorial Library in her honor.
About This Item
- Title: Annie Louise Cary, ca. 1875
- Creator: Emerson
- Creation Date: circa 1875
- Subject Date: circa 1875
- Town: Wayne
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16.98 cm x 11.22 cm
- Local Code: display case album
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Cary Memorial Library in Wayne
17 Old Winthrop Road, Wayne, ME 04284
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.