Contributed by Ste. Agathe Historical Society
Since the early 1900s, Les Dames de Ste. Anne have been serving the Parish of St. Agatha. They are a group of women dedicated to filling needs of their fellow parishioners.
Their primary function is to attend to the families of a deceased loved one by providing a buffet meal, which is served after the funeral Mass. They have also been involved in fund raisers that benefit the needs of the parish.
Les Dames de Ste. Anne have also been active in honoring one of their own as "Mother of the Year." During special occasions they usually carry their banner.
About This Item
- Title: Dames de Ste. Anne Banner
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Local Name: Dames de Ste. Anne Banner
- Town: Saint Agatha
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: cloth
- Dimensions: 130 cm x 88 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Catholic churches--Maine--Saint Agatha
- Churches--Maine--Saint Agatha
- Flags--Maine--Saint Agatha
- Les Dames de Ste. Anne (Saint Agatha, Me.)
- Saint Anne Catholic Church
- Ste. Anne Catholic Church (Saint Agatha, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Ste. Agathe Historical Society
P.O. Box 237, St. Agatha, ME 04772
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.