Contributed by Boothbay Region Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The dressed-up yachts at anchor in this photograph had probably congregated in Boothbay Harbor for a regatta around 1910. The motor boat in the foreground appears to be from Boston, but no other names or home ports are legible. The east side of town can be seen in the background, with the large Echo Lake ice house and smaller fishing-related buildings lining the shore.
About This Item
- Title: Yachts at anchor in Boothbay Harbor, ca. 1910
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Location: Boothbay Harbor, Lincoln County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.8 cm x 22.6 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Harbors--Maine--Boothbay Harbor
- Yachts--Maine--Boothbay Harbor
- Ice industry--Maine--Boothbay Harbor
- Sailboat racing
- Yacht racing
For more information about this item, contact:Boothbay Region Historical Society
PO Box 272, Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.