Contributed by Lewiston Public Library
Ss. Peter and Paul Catholic Church, shown here around 1970, is one of Lewiston's most famous landmarks.
Construction was started on the Basilica on February 22, 1906 and was completed July 18, 1936. For 30 years only the "lower church" was available for services. Masses are still held in both the lower and upper church today.
About This Item
- Title: Saints Peter and Paul Church, Lewiston, ca. 1970
- Creator: Gridley Barrows
- Creation Date: circa 1970
- Subject Date: circa 1970
- Location: Lewiston, Androscoggin County, ME
- Media: Photo transparency
- Dimensions: 5 cm x 5 cm
- Collection: Gridley Barrows Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Catholic churches--Maine--Lewiston
- Ss. Peter & Paul (Church: Lewiston, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Lewiston Public Library
200 Lisbon Street, Lewiston, ME 04240
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.