Contributed by Margaret Chase Smith Library
Sen. Margaret Chase Smith points out the Telstar satellite receiving station in Andover in 1962. Telstar was launched July 10, 1962.
Smith was the ranking Republican member on the Senate's Aeronautical and Space Sciences Committee from 1963 to 1971 and had served on the committee before that.
About This Item
- Title: Margaret Chase Smith shows off Telstar
- Creator: Margaret Chase Smith Library
- Creation Date: 1962-08-01
- Subject Date: 1962-08-01
- Skowhegan, Somerset County, ME
- Andover, Oxford County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.27 cm x 25.68 cm
- Local Code: 172
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Smith, Margaret Chase, 1897-1995--Photographs
- Artificial satellites
- Project Telstar
For more information about this item, contact:Margaret Chase Smith Library
56 Norridgewock Avenue, Skowhegan, ME 04976
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.