Contributed by Pejepscot Historical Society
Log book of the ship Rising Sun written by Capt. Samuel Skolfield of Brunswick, starting in 1863.
It recounts harrowing voyage from Callao, Peru to Queenstown, Ireland with a cargo of guano.
About This Item
- Title: 'Rising Sun' log book, 1863
- Creator: Skolfield, Samuel
- Creation Date: 1863
- Subject Date: 1863
- Town: Callao, Cork, Queenstown
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 34 cm x 22.5 cm x 1.5 cm
- Local Code: Skolfield-Whittier House Library, desk
- Collection: Skolfield-Whittier Collection
- Object Type: Text
For more information about this item, contact:Pejepscot Historical Society
159 Park Row, Brunswick, ME 04011
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.