Contributed by Presque Isle Historical Society
In October of 1905, upon reading of the passing of his two comrades in arms during the Civil War from Presque Isle, Michigan resident S.S. Rideout wrote a letter to the editor of Presque Isle's newspaper, The Star Herald. The letter included a poem in remembrance of the two comrades who had passed, William Sutter and H.H. Robinson. The three men were tent-mates during the Civil War from 1861 to 1864.
About This Item
- Title: Civil War remembrance poem, Presque Isle, 1905
- Creation Date: 1905-10-18
- Subject Date: 1861–1864
- Location: Presque Isle, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 25.4 cm x 20 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Rideout, S.S.--Friends & associates
- Robinson H.H.--Friends & associates
- United States. Army.
- Sutter, William--Friends & associates
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Historical Society
PO Box 285, Presque Isle, ME 04769
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.