Contributed by Stanley Museum
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Squirrel Island residents enjoy a baseball game pitting their own island team against a mainland team from the Boothbay area.
The wooden bleachers along the first base line were erected in the late 1890s, a gift of Albert H. Davenport, and were torn down around the time of the first World War.
About This Item
- Title: Baseball game, Squirrel Island, early 1900s
- Creator: McDougall
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Squirrel Island
- Town: Southport
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 13.5 cm
- Local Code: PC 1, #4
- Collection: Raymond W. Stanley Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Stanley Museum
street: 40 School Street, mailing: PO BOX 77, Kingfield, ME 04947
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.