Contributed by Caribou Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Postcard shows horse-drawn school buses on South Main Street in front of Sincock School, Caribou, in about 1928.
The buses were equipped with woodstoves that kept students warm during winter trips to and from school. Woodstoves were placed on gravel to prevent fires.
Students sat on benches that lined the bus walls. Driver's windows can be seen in front of the buses.
About This Item
- Title: Horse-drawn school teams, Caribou, ca. 1928
- Creator: unknown
- Creation Date: circa 1928
- Subject Date: circa 1928
- Local Name: Horse Drawn School Teams
- Town: Caribou
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Postcard
- Dimensions: 8.75 cm x 13.75 cm
- Local Code: R Car 974.11 Pos
- Collection: Postcards of Caribou
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Caribou Public Library
30 High Street, Caribou, ME 04736
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Horse teams--Maine--Caribou
- Sincock School (Caribou, Me.)
- School children--Transportation--Maine--Caribou
- High School
- school teams
- South Main St.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.