Contributed by Rockland Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This view shows a man standing in the Achorn Quarry owned by the Cobb Lime Company and located just north of Blackington's Corner in Rockland. A horse-drawn buggy is on Old County Road in the distance.
About This Item
- Title: Achorn Quarry, Blackington's Corner, Rockland, ca. 1875
- Creator: James P. Armbrust
- Creation Date: circa 1875
- Subject Date: circa 1875
- Location: Rockland, Knox County, ME
- Media: Stereograph
- Dimensions: 11.5 cm x 17/5 cm
- Local Code: 2010.4.188
- Collection: Stereo Views
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Limestone quarrying--Maine--Rockland
- Lime industry--Maine--Rockland
- Carriages & coaches--Maine--Rockland
For more information about this item, contact:Rockland Historical Society
P.O. Box 1331, 80 Union Street, Rockland, ME 04841
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.