Contributed by Norway Historical Society
Soldiers wait at the South Paris draft board office to be shipped out for duty in World War II.
This photo was found in Roland R. Delemeter's garage in Oxford. It was owned by Bill Zuza who had formerly owned the Delemeter property, known as Oxford Pines Resort. Zuza is in the photograph, at the right side, behind the third man from the right who is wearing a hat. Zuza is wearing a light-colored sweater.
Zuza lived in Bayside, N.Y., where his family owned a nursery and flower shop.
About This Item
- Title: National Guardsmen, South Paris, 1943
- Creation Date: 1943
- Subject Date: 1943
- Location: South Paris, Oxford County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.5 cm x 25.5 cm
- Collection: WWII Collections
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Soldiers--Maine--South Paris
- United States National Guard--Maine--South Paris
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.
- World War, 1939-1945
For more information about this item, contact:Norway Historical Society
471 Main Street, Norway, ME 04268
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.