Contributed by Presque Isle Fire Department
The Presque Isle Fire Department's 1949 American La France aerial ladder truck. The photo was taken in front of the fire station on Church Street with the ladder extended.
This was a 65-foot aerial ladder truck, which carried 200 feet of ground ladders, had a PTO pump (booster line) and 200-gallon booster tank.
About This Item
- Title: 1949 aerial ladder truck, Presque Isle
- Creator: Presque Isle Fire Dept.
- Creation Date: circa 1950
- Subject Date: circa 1950
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fire engines--Maine--Presque Isle
- Presque Isle Fire Department (Me.)
- Fire extinction--Equipment and supplies
- Fire departments--Maine--Presque Isle
- Fire engines & equipments--Maine--Presque Isle
- American LaFrance (Firm)
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Fire Department
43 North Street, Suite A, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.