Contributed by Presque Isle Fire Department
A Chevrolet fire truck (1937) converted to a salvage truck in 1959 by the full-time Presque Isle Fire Department drivers, who also fabricated the body.
It carried a sled in winter and a boat in the summer. 100 gpm pump. Retired in 1968.
About This Item
- Title: 1937 Chevrolet fire truck, Presque Isle, ca. 1959
- Creator: Presque Isle Fire Dept.
- Creation Date: circa 1959
- Subject Date: circa 1959
- Location: Presque Isle, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fire departments--Maine--Presque Isle
- Fire engines--Maine--Presque Isle
- Fire extinction--Equipment and supplies
- Presque Isle Fire Department (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Fire Department
43 North Street, Suite A, Presque Isle, ME 04769
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.