Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This J.G. Deering & Son sawmill used water power from the Saco River to power the mill equipment, and light from the doorway to illumine the work.
About This Item
- Title: J.G. Deering & Son Lumber Co., Biddeford, ca. 1880
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Town: Biddeford
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Local Code: Coll. 1922, Photo #1
- Collection: Deering Lumber Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- J.G. Deering & Son--Employees--Photographs
- Lumber industry--Maine--Biddeford
- Lumber mills--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.