Contributed by Cumberland Historical Society
Photograph of science laboratory in Greely Institute. Photograph is from a student document called "A History of Greely Institute 1868-1935."
Greely Institute, which opened September 28, 1868, was established through the generosity of Eliphalet and Elizabeth Greely. Mr. Greely was a Cumberland native who moved to Portland and became a successful business man and civic leader. Greely Institute is now known as Greely High School and serves the young people of Cumberland, North Yarmouth, and a few sending schools. Mr. Greely's portrait hangs in the Cumberland Historical Society.
About This Item
- Title: Science lab in Greely Institute, 1935
- Creation Date: 1935
- Subject Date: 1935
- Town: Cumberland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.5 cm x 6 cm
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Cumberland Historical Society
PO Box 82; 4A Blanchard Road, Cumberland, ME 04021
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- High schools--Maine--Cumberland
- Science rooms and equipment--Maine--Cumberland--Photographs
- Greely High School (Cumberland, Me.)--Interiors--Photographs
- Greely Institute (Cumberland, Me.)--Interiors
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.