Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Ira E. Getchell of Winslow wrote to Ellen Forbes, a native of Paris, Maine, who was a Civil War nurse serving in Washington, D.C., Nov. 23, 1862.
About This Item
- Title: Letter from Ira E. Getchell to Ellen Forbes, Nov. 23, 1862
- Creator: Getchell, Ira E.
- Creation Date: 1862-11-23
- Subject Date: 1862-11-23
- Town: Washington, Winslow
- County: Kennebec
- State: DC, ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 1035, Box 1/2
- Collection: Papers of the Tolman/Pottle families
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Forbes, Ellen--Correspondence
- Getchell, Ira E.--Correspondence
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- War relief
- War work
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.