Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Richard M. Gaffney, graduate fellow in History at the University of Maine, described the meaning and derivations of the name Peter Paul within the Abenaki community.
About This Item
- Title: Derivations of the name Peter Paul within the Abenaki community, 1960
- Creator: McGaffney, Richard
- Creation Date: 1960-06-13
- Subject Date: 1960-06-13
- Town: Woodstock
- State: ME, NB
- Media: Ink on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 61
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Abenaki Indians
- Indians of North America--Canada, Eastern
- Indians of North America--Maine
- Malecite Indians
- Names, Indian--Canada, Eastern
- Names, Indian--Maine
- Penobscot Indians
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.