Contributed by Pejepscot History Center
Three generations of Skolfield women in Brunswick are, from left, Alice Whittier, Martha Skolfield, Eugenie Skolfield Whittier, Charlotte Whittier (on Eugenie's lap) and Isabel Whittier.
Martha was the wife of Captain Alfred Skolfield, part of a prominent maritime family in Brunswick. Eugenie was their daughter. The three girls were Eugenie and Frank Whittier's daughters.
Alice became the first woman pediatrician in Maine. Isabel became a professor of British History in New York. Charlotte died at a young age in an accident.
About This Item
- Title: Skolfield Women, Brunswick, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Brunswick
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 14 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: Skolfield-Whittier House Collection
- Collection: Skolfield-Whittier Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Skolfield family--Portrait photographs
- Women pediatricians--Maine
- Whittier family--Portrait photographs
- Women college teachers--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Pejepscot History Center
159 Park Row, Brunswick, ME 04011
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.