Contributed by Millinocket Fire Department
The main floor of the clubhouse at the Hillcrest Golf Club in Millinocket was complete destroyed by fire of a "suspicious nature" on December 22, 1979, in the pre-dawn hours. Engine #2 from the Millinocket Fire Department was photographed in front of the rubble soon after the fire. The Millinocket Fire Department built Engine #2 by adapting an army surplus 3/4 ton truck.
About This Item
- Title: Pioneer Hose Company engine #2 after Hillcrest Golf Club fire, Millinocket, 1979
- Creation Date: 1979-12-29
- Subject Date: 1979-12-22
- Location: Millinocket, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: photographic print
- Dimensions: 20.3 cm x 25.4 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fire departments--Maine--Millinocket
- Fire engines--Maine--Millinocket
- Golf courses--Maine--Millinocket
- Hillcrest Golf Club (Millinocket, Me.)
- Millinocket Fire Department
- Pioneer Hose Company (Millinocket, Me.)
- Volunteer fire fighters
For more information about this item, contact:Millinocket Fire Department
222 Aroostook Avenue, Millinocket, ME 04462
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.