Contributed by Skowhegan History House
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
As with image 9022, this is a very early photograph of Skowhegan's North Channel Falls. This must have been taken during an early spring drive of long sawlogs to the sawmills downriver.
About This Item
- Title: Skowhegan Falls, long log drive
- Creation Date: circa 1865
- Subject Date: circa 1865
- Town: Skowhegan
- County: Somerset
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: 202.5_skowfalls_hh_lg
- Collection: Henry A. Wyman Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Skowhegan Falls (Me.)--Photographs
- Log drives--Maine--Skowhegan
- Kennebec River (Me.)--Photographs
- Log transportation
For more information about this item, contact:Skowhegan History House
66 Elm Street, PO Box 832, Skowhegan, ME 04976
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.