Contributed by Skowhegan History House
- Item 9023
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This early photograph of Skowhegan's North Channel Falls must have been taken during an early spring drive of long sawlogs to the sawmills downriver.
About This Item
- Title: Long log drive, Skowhegan Falls, 1865
- Creation Date: circa 1865
- Subject Date: circa 1865
- Location: Skowhegan, Somerset County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 25 cm x 20 cm
- Local Code: 202.5_skowfalls_hh_lg
- Collection: Henry A. Wyman Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Kennebec River (Me.)--Photographs
- Log drives--Maine--Skowhegan
- Log transportation
- Skowhegan Falls (Me.)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Skowhegan History House
66 Elm Street, PO Box 832, Skowhegan, ME 04976
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.