Contributed by Portland Public Library
Several inside pages are from Captain Charles D. Sigsbee's account of the Battle of the Maine in Havana Harbor in 1898.
The account is entitled, The Maine an account of her destruction in Havana Harbor. The personal narrative of Captain Charles D. Sigsbee U.S.N. (New York, The Century Co., 1899)
About This Item
- Title: Sigsbee's narrative of battle of 'The Maine,' 1899
- Creator: Sigsbee, Charles Dwight
- Creation Date: 1899
- Subject Date: 1898-02-15
- Town: Havana
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 13 cm
- Local Code: R973.89 S578 Me.
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States. Navy--History--Battles
- Spanish-American War, 1898--Personal narratives
- Sigsbee, Charles Dwight, 1845-1923--Personal narratives
- United States--History--War with Spain, 1898
- Maine (Battleship)
- Battle of the Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Portland Public Library
5 Monument Square, Portland, ME 04101
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.