Contributed by Waterford Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A group of people are posed on the Hamlin porch. It includes Albert Hamlin and Alice Hamlin Warren, both children of W. K. Hamlin and Clara Bell Hamlin; a man leaning on a rifle, another man with a phonograph, two women with banjos as well as some other young girls seated on the porch. Albert Hamlin is the child with bicycle. Man with gun is Will Abbott, married to Flora Hamlin Abbot (far right in the row of seated women.) Her sister Carrie Hamlin Haynes is at the back in glasses and her sister Jane Hamlin Sanderson is the one on left with the banjo. Alice is at far right with bicycle.
The photo was taken at the Hamlin Farm on Hawk Mountain in South Waterford.
About This Item
- Title: Hamlins and friends, South Waterford, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: South Waterford
- Town: Waterford
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 4.75 cm x 3.5 cm
- Local Code: S_149
- Collection: South Waterford
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Music--Maine--South Waterford
- Hamlin family--Homes and haunts--Maine--South Waterford--Photographs
- Firearms--Maine--South Waterford
- Bicycles & tricycles--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Waterford Historical Society
PO Box 201, Waterford, ME 04088
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.