Contributed by Waterford Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The gravestone of Charles F. Brown is in Elm Vale Cemetery in South Waterford.
The stone reads:"Rest loved one rest, Charles F. Brown known to the world as Artemus Ward, died in South Hampton, England March 6,1867 aged 33 years. His memory will live as a sweet and unfading recollection."
About This Item
- Title: Gravestone of Charles F. Brown, Waterford, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Local Name: Elm Vale Cemetery
- Town: Waterford
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 6.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Local Code: AW_8
- Collection: Artemus Ward
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brown, Charles Farrar., 1834-1867
- Sepulchral monuments--Maine--Waterford
- Tombs & sepulchral monuments
- Ward, Artemus, 1834-1867
For more information about this item, contact:Waterford Historical Society
PO Box 201, Waterford, ME 04088
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.