Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"The town of Millinocket, Maine, purchased this early-1908 solid-rubber-tired Knox chemical and hose fire truck through the Portland Company. Knox was a leading name in motorized fire apparatus during the early years of the 20th century."--Fletcher, David H. 'The Portland Company 1846-1982.' Charleston, S.C. : Arcadia Pub., 2002. 96.
About This Item
- Title: Millinocket fire engine, 1908
- Creation Date: 1908
- Subject Date: 1908
- Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Millinocket, Penobscot County, ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 30 11-4b
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fire engines--Maine--Millinocket
- Fire engines--Maine--Portland
- Portland Company (Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.