Contributed by Fryeburg Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Clarence E. Mulford, author of the Hopalong Cassidy books, made this model of Fort Union. Mulford said, "Never include anything in a novel that can't be proved."
In that light, he spent hours in research, target practice, and model making to make certain that the imaginary adventures of Hopalong Cassidy could have actually taken place.
About This Item
- Title: Clarence E. Mulford model of Fort Union, Fryeburg
- Creator: Bicknell photo services
- Creation Date: 1941
- Subject Date: 1941
- Town: Fryeburg
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Photoprint
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 15 cm
- Local Code: Assorted & labeled info.
- Collection: Clarence E. Mulford
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Authors, American--Maine
- Cassidy, Hopalong (Fictitious character)--Fiction
- Mulford, Clarence Edward, 1883-1956
- architectural models
- Authors, Maine
- Authors, United States
- Models and modelmaking in literature
- scale models
For more information about this item, contact:Fryeburg Public Library
98 Main St., Fryeburg, ME 04037
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.