Contributed by Fryeburg Public Library
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Clarence E. Mulford (1883-1956) at his home in Fryeburg. He created the character Hopalong Cassidy and wrote 28 full-length stories about Hopalong.
Each story was meticulously researched, though it wasn't until 1926 after many of the stories had been published that Mulford traveled to the West.
Mulford used two specially made Colt revolvers to test out scenes in his stories. Here he is cleaning one of the Colts and his research card files can be seen in the background.
About This Item
- Title: Clarence E. Mulford, Fryeburg, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: Fryeburg, Oxford County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11 cm x 18 cm
- Collection: Clarence E. Mulford Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Authors, American--Maine
- Cassidy, Hopalong (Fictitious character)--Fiction
- Mulford, Clarence E., 1883-1956--Photographs
- Small arms
For more information about this item, contact:Fryeburg Public Library
98 Main St., Fryeburg, ME 04037
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.