Contributed by Acadia National Park
In the early decades of the 20th century, the Preble House on Great Cranberry Island fell into disrepair. It was owned by family members who did not live on the Island and so rented the property out.
This photograph shows the front of the house before it was renovated in the 1940s.
About This Item
- Title: The Preble House, Great Cranberry Island, ca. 1935
- Creation Date: circa 1935
- Subject Date: circa 1935
- Local Name: Great Cranberry Island
- Town: Cranberry Isles
- County: Hancock
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Great Cranberry Island (Me.)
- Preble House (Great Cranberry Island, Me.)
- Historic buildings--Maine--Great Cranberry Island
- Islands--Maine--Great Cranberry Island
- Acadia National Park
- Hadlock, Samuel
- Preble House
- Preble, William Pitt
- Sawtelle Cranberry Island Collection
For more information about this item, contact:Acadia National Park
PO Box 177, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.