Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Franklin C. Kimball of Portland used the folding utensils from his enlistment in Co. F of the 5th Maine Infantry in June 1861 until he was mustered out three years later, in July 1864. Kimball was not quite 17 when he enlisted.
The popular utensils provided a spoon, two-pronged fork, and knife in one easy-to-carry package.
About This Item
- Title: Franklin Kimball folding utensils, ca. 1861
- Creator: Army Knife Co., Naugatuck, CT
- Creation Date: circa 1861
- Subject Date: circa 1861
- Media: Metal, wood
- Local Code: PA106
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--Civil War, 1861-1865--Equipment & supplies
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 5th (1861-1864)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.